How to check your PAYE code. PAYE code error, or the wrong PAYE code? How to contact HMRC.

You can contact HMRC via email or phone in order to report that your PAYE tax code is wrong.

Use our checklist below to ensure that HMRC details of your wages, pension or other employment benefits in order that they may work out the correct PAYE tax code.

Checklist: Information required:

Click here to email HMRC

Alternatively, you can try and ring HMRC on its income tax Helpline 0300 200 3300.

Please note that we are not HMRC, we are just providing you with information to contact HMRC.