This is a freeview 'At a glance' guide to the trading and property allowances.

There are two £1,000 allowances which may be claimed instead of actual expenses for both property income and trading income.

These may be claimed from 6 April 2017.

Subscribers see Allowances: Trading and Property

You might like our guides to the different accounting systems for the self-employed and landlords:

Oak ad
Are you enjoying our content? 

Thousands of accountants and advisers and their clients use as their primary TAX resource.

Register with us now to receive our unique FREE Tax Planning Tips and Advice Guide & our FREE OMB Newsletter.