What is HMRC Form 45? What do I do with Form P45? 

Form 45 is the form given to you by your employer when you leave their paid employment. 

The form records your wages or salary to date, your tax code in operation and the amount of tax that has been deducted under PAYE, via the employer's payroll.

  • An employer may provide you with a paper or an electronic version of form P45.
  • Keep your P45 and hand it to your next employer.
  • If you are concerned that your PAYE code is wrong, contact HMRC.

Employers submit form P45 to HMRC electronically when they process the payroll. It is not sent as a separate document.

If your ex-employer has failed to provide you with a P45 contact them and failing that contact HMRC. You need to ensure that your new employer has a copy when you start your new job.

Comments (0)

Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 voters
There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

  1. Posting comment as a guest.
Rate this post:
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location


Enjoying our content? 

Sign up now to receive our unique FREE Tax Planning Tips and Advice Guide & our FREE Newsletter.

.Squirrel ad